Monday 4 February 2008

A good fight...

Been a very slow day, targets seem to be very thin on the ground. I had decided to use one of my favourite ships, the Rupture, pound for pound the best cruiser in the game, Oya Loca••• being the third of a very succesful setup for me

Early on I spotted a Jaguar and a Stilleto in a belt and went to investigate, the Jaguar had just finished the Interceptor off when I came out of warp into the centre of the belt, 24km away I started to close the distance and so did the Jag, once in range I opened up with everything, drones launched and set upon the prey. The Jaguar didn't last long.

I returned home and did some paperwork, sorting out loot to be moved for sale to Rens, a local trade hub system.

Keira had been moving around a bit, hoping to find some worthwhile target, I really wanted a good fight. To my suprise and Keira's the fight came to us, I was sitting in the hangar shuffling through the financial statements of the corp when a Rupture piloted by Maximillian Power warped towards the station. Keira screamed over comms for me to get my ass in gear, I sprinted towards my Rupture and primed the systems in an instant, undocking the next.

Maximillian was not criminally flagged so were I to engage first I would have to deal with sentry fire too, I took the gamble that he would engage first and soon the familiar yellow flash of a target lock filled my overview, he was 18km away, I activated my microwarp drive to close the distance and started my target lock.
Once within 3km it all kicked off, Maximillian engaged and the overview flashed red, awesome, time to play, all systems go. Warp Disruptor, Stasis Webifier, guns and missiles all engaged.
I launched my combat drones and send them to play with Max's hull.
I notice on my overview that he had launched light ECM drones, something which could severely affect the outcome of this fight were they to get a cycle.

My shields were stripped in an instant and my armour was taking heavy damage, Max hit armour but was taking less damage than me, I ordered all systems overloaded and his armour started to drop quicker and soon caught up with mine, we both hit structure, I'm at 45%, fuel venting into space, it's not looking good but his last 50% of hull vapourises in an instant and it's all over.
Luck played a part as his ECM drones never got a cycle, had they, I would have been trying to explain to Keira why I need another Rupture.

2008.02.04 22:17:00

Victim: Maximillian Power
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Twilight Faction
Destroyed: Rupture
System: Gusandall
Security: 0.4
Damage Taken: 11111

Involved parties:

Name: Kane Rizzel (laid the final blow)
Security: -10.0
Alliance: Derek Knows Us
Corp: NovaKane Incorporated
Ship: Rupture
Weapon: Dual 180mm AutoCannon II
Damage Done: 11111

Destroyed items:

Hail M, Qty: 143
Gyrostabilizer II
Caldari Navy Flameburst Light Missile, Qty: 41 (Cargo)
Small Armor Repairer II (Cargo)
Stasis Webifier II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II, Qty: 3
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Caldari Navy Bloodclaw Light Missile, Qty: 33 (Cargo)
TE-2100 Standard Missile Bay, Qty: 2
Caldari Navy Sabretooth Light Missile, Qty: 251 (Cargo)
Hail M, Qty: 2604 (Cargo)
Caldari Navy Bloodclaw Light Missile, Qty: 40

Dropped items:

Hail M, Qty: 144
Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Barrage M, Qty: 1778 (Cargo)
Warp Disruptor II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II
10MN MicroWarpdrive II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Caldari Navy Bloodclaw Light Missile, Qty: 40
Republic Fleet EMP M, Qty: 1491 (Cargo)

All in all an awesome fight, one the likes of which I haven't had in a very long time

Good Fight Max, I really enjoyed it


















Kane Rizzel > gf
Maximillian Power > gf
Maximillian Power > awesomeness
Maximillian Power > ;p
Kane Rizzel > I l0ove those
Maximillian Power > take care matey
Kane Rizzel > you too

And above all a good sport and respectfull opponent

He warped his escape pod out and I warped out to inspect the damage to my ship. She had taken a battering but did what she does best.
After some quick repairs I dock up for the night, satisfied after what seemed to be a bleak day.

I think I'll head down to a bar and celebrate, I know it's only one fight but these are the ones I crave every time I undock, a worthy target, win or lose, is all I want.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome report and story Kane. Overloading is a life saver isn't it? However, you are keeping that hangar crew busy bashing out them dents!

F

Kane Rizzel said...

Yeah, I love overloading, such an under-rated skillset.
As for keeping the hangar crew busy, well, it's their job and I'd rather keep them busy than replace ships any day :D

Anonymous said...

That was a great fight matey - didn't realise it was blogged until now.

/me runs to train overloading skills!