Monday 6 October 2008

Afternoons and Coffespoons

He'd never realized that, deep down inside, what he really wanted to do was make things go splat.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man)

Down to earth

I'm not as invincible as I like to believe, in fact, recently I've had pause to think about a lot of things but losing a ship brings perspective to life and my place in the universe. This afternoon I lost two.

I lost a Jaguar to another in my favourite hunting ground (A good fight and and props to Alex Medvedov), I then lost a Rifter whilst not paying attention.

As much as we build things up, as much as we train to better ourselves, as much as we spend to get that edge, it can all come crumbling down.

It's good to be humbled, it allows one the ability to pick yourself back up and work harder to be better.

Bloggers

There are other Pirates out their who share adventures and you would do well to peruse their blogs.

flashfresh: a friend and mentor. It was his writings that inspired me to start rambling on about my adventures. I've known him for as long as I've been a Pirate and my respect for him as a Pirate and a pilot are unsurpassed by any other.

Mynxee: A female Pirate... yes, you read that right, a FEMALE. She has embarked on a massive undertaking of starting an all female Pirate corp. Bringing death and destruction as only women can to a star system near you.

Spectre3353: A self confessed EVE noob but with a sense of humour and mean streak any Pirate would be proud of.

New Ink

A picture of my latest ink.


Work continues on my left arm and I'll post more pictures of that once it has been completed.

2 comments:

Spectre said...

Mean streak??? I resemble that comment.

Carole Pivarnik said...

*Mynxee points at Spectre and comments to Kane, "You forgot to say devious, too!"

More awesome ink. How many other tatts do ya have besides this one and the skull?

Appreciate the mention of my blog :)