Tuesday 23 June 2009

It's a Mean old universe

The world is made up of four elements: Earth, Air, Fire and Water. This is a fact well known even to Corporal Nobbs. It's also wrong. There's a fifth element, and generally it's called Surprise.

-- (Terry Pratchett, The Truth)

Not feeling very creative as I have yet to sleep, 36 hours and counting so I'm kind of waiting for the coma. Part of the insomnia was being part of a fun gang with the Mean Corp crew last night.

Three separate engagements against the Deadspace Society, 17 kills to 5 losses, including a Harbinger and Hurricane of mine in the second fight , I came back in a Zealot to finish off the fight and used it to great effect in the third engagement but spent most of the fight jammed by ECM drones, we decimated the hostiles incurring zero losses.

An engagement against Rote Kapelle in which we killed 3 ships, including a Drake, Curse and Arazu before they legged it for zero losses on our side. We chased and caught a few other bits and bobs about the constellation, me flying my Zealot.

My personal tally for the past few days is 5 battleships, 7 Battlecruiser, 1 Recon ship, 1 Cruiser, 1 Assault frigate, 1 Destroyer, 1 Frigate and 2 pods at the cost of 2 Battlecruisers all with about 6 hours sleep since Sunday evening.

As always the Mean crew provided some good times, with some great laughs on voice comms. Thanks to the guys for a good time and especially Zorn from Triumvirate for some crucial repping in his Guardian, if not for him I would have lost a Zealot while fighting under sentries but he managed to claw my armour back from about 10% in our engagement against Rote Kapelle.

Keira was busy for most of the evening in her Claymore giving us a much needed edge but later went to high security space and undocked the corp Fenrir for its maiden voyage into lowsec. She moved down some more Harbingers and Hurricanes to bolster my fleet along with the mods to make them lethal. The freighter run went off without incident even as a few of us were camping a wormhole but she did have sufficient scouting and the Mean boys offered any assistance if it should be needed.

I docked up early this morning to do some cleaning around the place and then headed out for drinks with friends. Arriving back this evening I got back into the hangar and got the crews about assembling the new ships, I look forward to losing them in epic engagements and will try and take as many pilots down with me as I can.

Stay classy Gusandall

2 comments:

Sard Caid said...

Yeah, we bit off more than we could chew in that engagement. Nice one.

Carole Pivarnik said...

Sounds like a productive week. :) Hope you were able to catch some time in Dreamland.