Sunday 22 November 2009

Unlucky

"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly. "Mind you, my first name is Bad."
-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Been a lazy day, spent most of it watching movies, drinking tea and relaxing. Went out for a spin in Flubber™ to help the Mean crew Hunt for Red October in Eifer but other than that, it was quiet.

Keira was chilling at The Mended Drum when she spotted an Apocalypse running an exploration complex on her scanner, she quickly docked, grabbed her Cheetah and proceeded to probe it out. She hasn't flown the Cheetah in a very, very long time but she quickly narrowed the Amarr battleship down and proceeded to set up a warp in.

I was spoilt for choice, not quite sure which ship to use but settled on my trusty mission jack Pilgrim, a ship I have used to great effect jacking Ravens in Ingunn. Time to dust the old lady off and take her for a spin in the black. As soon as I had undocked Keira reported the Apoc was done with the Angel pirates and had cloaked, I cursed but warped over anyway.

Once out of warp I started to move towards where Keira had last spotted the Apoc, a Helios uncloaked and started hacking the various bits and bobs in the complex, not to allow him the opportunity I uncloaked my Pigrim, at the site of which he bailed.

Back to trying to find that Apoc then. I started to run patterns around the site, initially with drones out but I soon recalled them and cloaked. Back and forth I went, moving to obvious align spots, I moved faster under cloak than the Apoc would so it was only a matter of time and a lot of luck.

After about half an hour the Apoc's luck ran out as he appeared on my overview, two clicks away, I had run right into him.

Lock and load.

My lock resolves, warp scrambler glows green, stasis web and tracking disruptor go live, Neuts set to overload as I settle into an easy 1km orbit. A flight of Hammerhead II drones spew forth and engage the Apoc.

A delicate game of cat and mouse ensued as he would drop drones to try and kill mine, thus eliminating my damage, but eventually I was able to kill the bulk of them, after a few would die he would withdraw his flight, as mine resumed on his ship. He was tanking quite well, even though I had all my energy neutralisers running, must have had a cap booster fitted. My own cap booster was chewing through my 400s just to feed my neuts.

I gave a shout on voice comms, to see if anyone was awake, Dogz, Apothica and Aiko responded, I quickly invited them to fleet and just in time too.

00:00:25 Notify grafs has initiated self-destruct of their Apocalypse, it will explode in 120 seconds.

It was now a race against time, but the Apoc rocked as it started to vent fuel and air into the vacuum, eventually lighting it all up in a massive explosion.

A fine kill, Unlucky for the Apocalypse.

Great teamwork in the end, a pity I was unable to solo him but he was setup quite nicely and his tactics of trying to kill my drones was a good one.

I docked up, a nice cup of Earl Grey my reward for patience and some fortune on my part


What are you going to do with that?

In my previous report I spoke of a new addition to the NovaKane fleet, Keira has been skilling for a new ship and I've been looking closely at auctions and contracts to see what was available.
Last night I pulled the trigger and with Keira's permission we bought a Dreadnought.

What prompted this acquisition? Well, the POS bash we attended a few weeks ago in which Keira's Archon was out-damaged by my Armageddon had her in a strop.

So without further procrastination here she is:


Have not christened her yet, need to come up with an appropriate moniker, any suggestions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about "I've been nerf'd"

DocFloyd said...

Hey Kane,

nice one. I'd prefer the Naglfar. But this one is definitely the "Sitting Duck"....

Anonymous said...

Well in keeping with you theme how about something that has caused wolves to go running in terror.

Greebo.

Greebo is a fictional character in Terry Pratchett's Discworld books. He is first introduced in Wyrd Sisters. He is a foul-tempered one-eyed grey tomcat whose owner, Nanny Ogg, insists against all the evidence that he is a sweet, harmless kitten. In the course of the books, he has killed two vampires, eating at least one of them in the novel Witches Abroad:

"The bat squirmed under his claw. It seemed to Greebo's small cat brain that it was trying to change its shape, and he wasn't having any of that from a mouse with wings on."

And in Maskerade, Magrat recalls when Greebo once killed an elk.

Next to Gaspode my favorite supporting character.

Bass.