Monday 22 March 2010

Back with a bang... Well... More like a dull thud

When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point- of-view is seldom necessary.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Finally, my systems are back online and hopefully all technical difficulties experienced thus far this year will be a thing of the past.

Now if Only I could find something to kill. Other than a Shield Extender Rifter and a poorly fit mission Rifter kills in Gusandall with the Succubus, my thirst for blood went unquenched.

There was a slight glimmer of hope when an obvious bait Abaddon started engaging alliance mates outside the station, I undocked in my Armageddon and engaged, cyno goes up and in jumps an Archon carrier, I'm heavily neuted and now capless. Kurtz undocks his Archon and reps me. With this going nowhere we decide to push the escalation they so obviously want and I dock to grab something shinier, the Bhaalgorn. This was enough for them to jump in another Archon, a Thanatos and a dreadnought (either a Rev or a Moros, can't remember now) and joined by a lone Vexor.

With Kurtz' Archon easily repping my Bhaalgorn it was clear this wasn't going anywhere, we were aware they could possibly escalate further were we to undock more Capital ships but to be honest we just weren't that interested. So we docked up and watched them waste more fuel by jumping out.

Hotdrops suck by the by.

I would later chase a Vengeance and a Rifter in my own Rifter but neither pilot seemed interested in making my acquaintance.

A rather quiet return to action but hopefully things will pick up.

2 comments:

Flashfresh said...

Great to have you back Kane!

Nashh Kadavr said...

hiya Kane! good to see you back dude.

that pesky Vexor was me. my response is here;

http://nashhkadavreveblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/pi.html

and yeah i agree; hot drops suck mayor ass.