Monday 5 August 2013

Out of time

"But ye gotta know *where* ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in *anywhere*. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'."

-- Feegle tactics (Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men) 
<< This quote is one of my all time favourites

Last night I undocked one of my re-purposed Armageddon class battleships called Rob Anybody, the purpose of said undocking was to violence a Crane and Phobos who had strayed a little too far off the undock.

By engaging the Crane first I drew sentry fire and the fight was on, the Crane managed to crawl into dock range and dock up so I switched to the Phobos, a flight of Garde IIs, heavy neuts and pew pew lasers.

Next thing an Apocalypse battleship undocks and the fight gets serious, the Phobos is tanking well but will break, it senses that and crawls towards the station and docks up, I switch to the Apoc and things get interesting, a Hyperion undocks, a Loki decloaks and a few Thorax jump into system.

Splatter Girl was in system with her Thrasher, she had been around the area and helped me earlier when I couldn't break a rather stubborn Drake's tank with my Succubus. Her Thrasher of very little help on the station she recommended I deagress and try dock, I was way ahead of her, I had started to crawl towards the station, deactivated all modules and recalled sentries to stop full aggro, it was a race against the clock, their damage output and my massive passive armour tank.

With half the aggro clock left, they broke my armour and my structure started to buckle, fuel, and atmosphere venting through massive cracks in my hull, the clock continued to count down and with it my structure, sliver by sliver, second by second.

10...

9...

8...

7...

6...

5...

4...

3...




Rob Anybody explodes.

3 seconds, 3 goddamn seconds. I GF as I warp my escape pod to a celestial.

Splatter and I would later try to draw them off the station, their numbers had grown, including a blackbird, oneiros and a few cruisers, but they wouldn't give chase too far, eventually undocking a Thanatos and Archon as a show of force.

I went off and watched the Alliance Tournament, congrats to Pandemic Legion, well done and condolences to my friends in Hydra Reloaded

This wasn't my first loss of the night to sentries, the first though was a lot more fun as I warped a Bellicose into a frig gang on the Emolgranlan gate in Eifer, I shot first, took sentries, killed two, Splatter killed another two and I lost my lovely Bellicose.

Actually had a bit of fun with both those losses, pity I have to take sentry aggro but them's the breaks when you're a Boss. I do sometimes wonder what if I didn't have to take sentry aggro, that will be an interesting day.

3 comments:

Sard Caid said...

I find it shitty that battleclinic is no longer showing sentries on the main killmail page. You have to look at the original killmail to see the amount of damage sentries dealt.

Unknown said...

Hey thanks, we're gearing up for changes and I'll take note of this.
--SghnDubh

Unknown said...

Hey thanks, we're gearing up for changes and I'll take note of this.
--SghnDubh